2014年12月16日 星期二

Michael studies painting ~ lesson 103 : the rhythm of pencil sketching


Paul Calle - a pencil painting master , USA. In 1992~1993  that year I was the sophomore student in NCKU studying in hot weather southern Taiwan and my major was industrial design. And one of my classmate sent me Paul Calle pencil sketch book. In 2nd grades we started to learn the industrial design-- sketch design presenting skills -- from basic to sketch geometric solid forms.

As I remembered one time we had a homework to do and that night I was very sleepy and tired. I spent about less 1 hour time to paint and then I went on the bed to sleep. And many classmates drew until 03:00 even 05:00. And the teacher gave me A+. the only one time I got A+  was imitating Paul Calle 's amazing sketch skill.

the work please click =>  1992~1993  

That was the 1st time I studied Paul Calle 's pencil skills.










<= Paul Calle 's amazing portrait's work inside his nook.


( up picture )Paul Calle 's fantastic skill in painting tree



2nd time to learn Paul Calle 's amazing pencil sketch skill is in year 2012 

Originally I have been a industrial designer since 1996.  But in my heart I have a dream that I wanna to be a painter.  In year 2012 I made up determination to find a Oil artist to study painting from very basic sketch skills step by step. And in 2012 when I studied and learn to pencil sketch skills once again I open Paul Calle 's pencil sketch to try and study. And then I applied part of Paul 's pencil skills to paint this work 

=>  A beautiful tree on the cycling road  ( <= click in )


( up drawing  my mother in the hospital scene ~ I went there to take care of her and practice sketch in 2014 November )

This was that I practiced sketching my mother she lied on the bed to rest scene in hospital ( 2014 Nov). This pencil sketch spent less that 1 hour to finish.

And before sketching I studied Paul Calle 's pencil sketch book again. This time I focus on studying the " rhythm " of his magic skills. After completing this practice. I felt I could got a little knock of  Paul Calle's magic pencil sketch skills.

And the 3rd time to study Paul Calle 's magic pencil skills in this year 2014 in November.

Till 2014 November I have studied painting for 2 year and 9 months.And in October 2014 I studied with my oil & art teacher in the 103 lesson ( since 2012 February ) . I brought some sketches practice work to discuss with my painting teacher.  Teacher Ro thought me that your pencil sketch is not good in sketching rhythm( the strode direction control ,  tempo and layers  etc.,). And  teacher Ro demonstrated and modified for me.  This problem was the "  tough barrier"  for me on the road of studying painting since 2012.

In November 2014 I had a outdoor oil landscape painting in Hou Li.  the work see  =>  The yellow ripe rice field of central Taiwan    When painting this work I got a phone call from my elder sister she told me my mother was sent to the hospital.  I felt nervous and went to hospital. This was 2nd time my mom hospitalized. ( She got liver sickness ) . So I took care of my mother in hospital for 3 days. Though in hospital I made a plastic panel for sketch practicing and brought papers to practice quick portrait pencil sketching.  And my mother taking rest quietly on the bed was as the model.











( Up drawing )  My mother ,  the 2nd  pencil sketch ~


( up My Mother 2014 夏 -  清晨 剪龍眼  )

this work was that in August one Summer day
morning my mother sitting in the front yard to
cut the " dragon eye fruit". I took sketch book
and pencil to draw down this scene. This is old
day Taiwan traditional female farmer
seasonal doing jobs. In August I just outline
this. And in November after completing my
mother in hospital practicing sketches I refined
and drawing this again. (2014)


Next is another work that I painting my mother as model to record down Taiwan nowadays farm scenery in 2014 May. And this Oil painting work completed on Mother's Day( 2014)  and that day my mother was also hospitalized. And I drove motorcycle carrying this work to hospital for my mother to see for Wishing my mother could recover soon. 




continue to read ~


The story of an had been fired 50F oil painting 

 => Lu Kang Long Shan Temple  in 2014 December  

Innocent series ~ 1 ~  Oil Painting 2013



Next  I will introducing ... Van Gogh said in his letter to his brother Thoe Van Gogh ~

an important painting skill 's training 

Quick painting ~ as quick as thunder to ...paint 』 

to be continued ~ Michael YADI  :)  2014 Dec. 17th

沒有留言:

張貼留言